University of Nova Gorica publishes the public notice for the application process for the post of Rector.
Application deadline: 21.5.2014
1. The Rector is the principal body of governance and external representation of the University of Nova Gorica. He or she also presides over the Senate.
2. The Rector is nominated by the Governing Board for a four-year mandate and exercises his or her powers on a full time basis.
3. Applications for the post of Rector of the University of Nova Gorica are open to Professors or researchers with a Doctoral degree of this University or of other national or foreign universities or research institutions.
4. The eligible applicant must:
• Be a personality of recognized merit and relevant professional experience for this position;
• Have management and leadership experience and skills;
• Be clearly able to promote scientific, humanist, art and cultural values in a collegial and inclusive environment.
5. Applicants are not eligible if:
• They are retired;
• They have been liable to disciplinary, financial or criminal action in the performance of public or professional duties, for a period of four years after serving the sentence;
• They are bound by any ineligibility clauses foreseen in the law.
6. Applicants must address their applications in digital or paper format to the President of the Governing Board, along with the following documents:
• Letter from the applicant with his or her personal information, the identification of contact details, and an e-mail address for the purposes of receiving notifications relating to the nomination process;
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae of the applicant, dated and signed, along with the documents considered relevant for merit appraisal, indicating the positions held in universities and other bodies;
7. Applications and documents referred to in the preceding paragraph must be made out in English or Slovene.
Applicants must send their applications to the following address:
University of Nova Gorica, Vipavska cesta 13, 5000 Nova Gorica
Applications and further information:
prof. dr. Mladen Franko, vice-rector, phone: +386 5 3315 329, e-mail: email@example.com