Postdoctoral position in linguistics – experimental linguistics – cognitive science
University of Nova Gorica announces the postdoctoral position in linguistics – experimental linguistics – cognitive science job vacancy.
We will start to evaluate applications on August 21st, but will consider later applications until the position is filled, though no later than September 20th, 2017.
The Center for Cognitive Science of Language of the University of Nova Gorica (ung.si/en/) invites applications for a postdoctoral position in linguistics – experimental linguistics – cognitive science, as described below.
The University of Nova Gorica is a young private research-oriented university in Slovenia. It comprises seven schools and twelve research centers. It is a member of the European University Association (including EUA Council for Doctoral Education). Despite its relatively small size, the University participates in a number of nationally and European funded research projects, collaborates with over 40 European and international universities and research institutes, and participates in academic and research exchange programs such as ERASMUS and COST. The main UNG location is in Nova Gorica, on the border between Slovenia and Italy.
- start date: October 1, 2017
- position is for one year
- full-time employment with a standard University of Nova Gorica postdoctoral researcher’s salary and benefits
The candidate will conduct experimental and theoretical linguistic work on (bilingual) language acquisition and formal semantics/pragmatics or syntax or phonology. Assignment of moderate teaching obligations is expected (depending on student enrolment and the needs in the University’s study programs). He/she will work as part of a team in the Center for Cognitive Science of Language (ung.si/ckzj/en/). The job location is in Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- the candidate should have a PhD and a CV that demonstrates expertise in teoretically-grounded experimental linguistics/psycholinguistics/language aquisition or in teoretical linguistics
- fluent command of English
- fluent command of Slovenian
- fluency in Italian is an advantage but not a requirement
How to apply:
Candidates should submit the following documents in electronic format:
- cover letter
- CV (including a list of publications)
- brief research statement
- a copy of a representative publication
- two letters of reference (submitted directly by the referees)
For informal inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'job call – CKZJ – postdoc’ in the subject line.
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 33 15 261