Postdoctoral collaborator in the field of physics
University of Nova Gorica announces an postdoctoral collaborator in the field of physics job vacancy.
Evaluations of applications will start on 6 March 2019.
Applications received after this date will be taken into account until the position has been filled.
Candidates are expected to:
- have PhD in the Physics.
- have a solid experimental background in laser physics and, sepcifically, a proven experience with with at least one of the following topics:
- measuring and improving the spectro-temporal properties of ultra-fast (femtosecond) lasers,
- setting up optical schemes for experiments based on the use of laser light,
- designing and implementing experiments based on high-order harmonic generation in the XUV spectral range,
- designing and implementing experiments based on the magneto-optical Kerr effect (MOKE).
- be involved in pedagogic work after employment at UNG,
- have good command in english language.
The successful candidate will be directly involved into the research work carried out at the Laboratory of Quantum Optics (http://www.ung.si/en/research/laboratory-of-quantum-optics/about/) at the University of Nova Gorica. More specifically, he/she will:
- contribute to the development of the ultra-fast light source CITIUS,
- assist CITIUS users during experiment preparation and during experimental sessions.
The successful candidate will take over some pedagogic obligations on one or more study programs at the University of Nova Gorica.
The appointment envisioned is a fixed term contract of 12 months duration, with possible extension.
- letter of motivation including research experience,
- list of publications.
Please send your application, with the evidence that you meet the mentioned criteria, to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Giovanni De Ninno (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications and further information:
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 620 58 22