Assistant in the field of architecture
The University of Nova Gorica is seeking a candidate for assistant in the field of architecture job vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 18. 3. 2019
Candidates are expected to:
- have a bachelor (Master degree (5=3+2 years of study) in the field of architecture, architectural conservation, urban planning and design, or other compatible Master within the field of built environment,
- have a research experience in the field of cultural heritage adaptive reuse,
- theoretical background and work experience should cover the fields (at least some of ) of architectural restoration and conservation, adaptive reuse, cultural landscape and historic urban landscape preservation, cultural territorial system and cultural district assessment and management,
- good command in English and Slovenian,
- knowledge of European Cooperation projects would be an asset,
- knowledge of Croatian would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be involved within the framework of the CLIC project, Innovative Financing, business and governance models for adaptive reuse of cultural heritage, HORIZON2020 SC5-22-2017.
The CLIC project aims at identifying tools to test, implement, validate and share innovative “circular” financing, business and governance models for systemic adaptive reuse of cultural heritage and landscape, demonstrating the economic, social, environmental convenience, in terms of long lasting economic, cultural and environmental creation of wealth.
The main duties of the candidate will be:
- supporting the project leader for UNG in the definition of a database of successful stories in financing adaptive reuse of cultural heritage,
- supporting the project leader for UNG in the elaboration of a list of successful and innovative business models for cultural heritage adaptive reuse in a circular economy model,
- supporting the project leader for UNG in the local partnership with the city of Rijeka (Croatia) to design possible solutions for cultural heritage adaptive reuse in a circular economy model for the city,
- supporting the project leader in the overall management and administrative duties of the CLIC project.
The position will be available as soon as the selection will be completed and no later than April 1st, 2019. The selected candidate will be appointed for 20 months, with a possible extension of the contract or appointment to a permanent position.
The CLIC project is carried out in the postgraduate study program Cultural Heritage Study (up to a.y. 2018/2019 Economics and techniques of the conservation of the architectural and environmental heritage), Faculty of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nova Gorica, Vipava and Rožna dolina (Nova Gorica).
- CV, with certificates of earned academic degree,
- letter of motivation including research experience,
- list of publications (if any) and/or professional experience (if any).
Applications should be sent by e-mail as a single file in pdf format to the University of Nova Gorica personnel office, address firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications and further information:
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 620 58 22