Instrumental analysis specialist (m/f)
The University of Nova Gorica has a vacancy for the position of instrumental analysis specialist.
Deadline for applications: 26. 9. 2019
The successful candidate will carry out specialist and technical work in connection with research and other equipment at the Laboratory for environmental and life sciences (LELS), take part in research programmes and projects, and carry out teaching duties.
LELS aims to provide conditions for intensive cooperation between ecologists, ecotoxicologists, biochemists, molecular biologists, analytical and environmental chemists, and technologists. It fosters basic and applied research in the development of advanced, highly-sensitive laser-analytical methods and diagnostic tools in biomedicine, the study of the conversion and transport of pollutants in land and aquatic environments, and the development of recombinant antibodies specific to tumour biomarkers.
To be considered for the position, candidates should:
- have at least higher-education professional or first-cycle Bologna education in chemistry, physics or a related discipline;
- have a knowledge of instrumentation for chemical analysis and experience in the development and validation of analytical methods;
- be able to work independently, be flexible enough for group work, and work reliably and with the necessary mastery of detail;
- have knowledge of the English language to at least B1 level;
- be familiar with Windows and Linux environments;
- have two years’ work experience in an identical or similar post.
The following must be attached to the application:
- curriculum vitae;
- proof of educational qualifications;
- the names and contact details of two people (references) able to give an opinion on the candidate’s professional qualifications.
Applications must be submitted by 26 September 2019. The successful candidate will be expected to start work as soon as possible after the selection process has been completed, or no later than by 1 October 2019. Employment is offered for full-time working hours over a fixed term of one year, with the possibility of extension.
Please send your application, along with proof that you meet the requirements for the post, to email@example.com. The application should be sent as a single pdf e-mail attachment.
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822