Assistant professor in animation (m/f)
The University of Nova Gorica has a vacancy for the position of assistant professor in animation.
Deadline for application: 11. 11. 2019
The basic framework of the School of Arts University of Nova Gorica are the arts and its uses in the broadest possible sense. We see our place in cooperation with other disciplines as well as in implementing creative practices into other fields and vice versa.
Animation is a complex medium connecting painting, sculpture, photography, and film, into newly created wholes. Due to a wide range of expressive means and new technological possibilities, new individualised languages can be further developed. The space for the use of these languages becomes virtually infinite with the development of digital technologies.
To be considered for the position, candidates should:
- have doctoral degree, or university degree or second level degree in the fields of arts,
- have evidence of the candidate’s ability to autonomously perform his artistic or professional work,
- be able to work independently, be flexible enough for group work, and work reliably and with the necessary mastery of detail;
- have ability to lead group work,
- have pedagogical ability,
- have good command of English and Slovene,
- have two years’ work experience in an identical or similar post.
Priority will be given to candidates who hold the title of assistant professor/docent or who meet the conditions for holding the title of assistant professor/docent.
Work in the position is expected to start on 1 January 2020. Employment is offered for part-time of 20 working hours per week, over a fixed term of one year, with the possibility of extension.
The following must be attached to the application:
- curriculum vitae,
- proof of educational qualifications,
- the names and contact details of two people (references) able to give an opinion on the candidate’s professional qualifications.
We will accept applications in electronic form at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including 11 November 2019. Applications should be sent as a single attachment to the e-mail, in PDF format. Contact for additional information: Tel. +386 (0)5 620 85 22 or by e-mail at the address for applications.
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822