Dean of the School of Science (m/f)
University of Nova Gorica announces an open position for the dean of the School of Science.
Deadline for applications: 31 Dec 2019
The candidates are expected to:
- have a PhD degree in a field relevant to the School’s activities,
- have at least 5 years of working experience after obtaining the PhD,
- hold a habilitation of least assistant professor or fulfill necessary conditions to obtain it,
- be eligible to lead research projects funded by the Slovenian Research Agency,
- have leadership experience of research groups,
- be proficient in English and Slovenian.
School of Science, supported by five research laboratories and centers of the University of Nova Gorica, provides research oriented programs »Bachelor in Physics and Astrophysics«, »Master in Physics and Astrophysics« and »Master in Materials Science«. We actively promote student creativity, originality and versatility; we consider the studies to be the competitive edge that may help our graduates in their professional careers. Our advantages are individual approach to students, international research experience, and a young, dynamic academic team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate, who is expected to further expand the activities of the School of Science in line with the development strategy of the University of Nova Gorica in lively, international, research oriented environment.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the position of the Dean of the School of Science at the University of Nova Gorica for a four year mandate starting 1 Feb 2020, with the possibility of re-applying to the same position.
- curriculum vitae,
- copy of the PhD degree and other relevant documents,
- list of publications,
- a cover letter, describing research experience and interests,
- vision of the future development of the School of Science.
Applications should be sent by e-mail as a single PDF file to the University of Nova Gorica personnel office, Mrs. Tea Stibilj Nemec (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822