Dean of the School of Humanities (m/f)
The University of Nova Gorica announces the open position for the dean of the School of Humanities.
Deadline for applications: 27. 12. 2019
The mission of the School of Humanities of the University of Nova Gorica is to present the traditional and new (those rarely presented so far) humanistic insights, founded on contemporary, internationally relevant scientific publications, an incorporation of these contents into the Slovene national space, and an encouragement of multiculturalism. An added value of all the programmes offered at the School of Humanties is the contents that are highly relevant for an intercultural dialogue within the context of the national borders territory in which the School is situated. Within this region, a humanistic study is of vital significance, since it helps promote an understanding of the past which used to be a factor which made mutual life of the peoples living in the region difficult.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate, who is expected to further expand the activities of the School of Humanities in line with the development strategy of the University of Nova Gorica in lively, international, research oriented environment.
To be considered for the position, candidates should:
- have a doctorate in the field covered by the faculty;
- hold at least the title of assistant professor or the qualifications to be elected to such title;
- meet the requirements for leading research projects;
- have good organizational and leadership skills;
- have at least five years’ work experience;
- have a knowledge of Slovenian and English to at least C1 level.
Candidates selected for the shortlist will be invited to submit an expansive vision for development of the faculty, both in terms of education and research.
The position will be available immediately after conclusion of the selection process. Employment contracts will be concluded for full-time working hours for a fixed term of four years, with the possibility of re-appointment.
The following must be attached to applications for all the positions:
- curriculum vitae;
- evidence of meeting the requirements;
- a reference list of scholarly and specialist publications;
- a cover letter with a brief description of the vision for developing the specific field of humanities in the international sphere;
- contact details for references.
Please send your application, along with proof that you meet the requirements, in electronic form to email@example.com by 27 December 2019. The application should be sent as a single pdf e-mail attachment.
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822