The following measures are being taken at the University of Nova Gorica in response to the current situation nationally and internationally regarding the occurrence and spread of coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
While, as the Ministry of Health reports, there is currently no cause for alarm in Slovenia, we would nevertheless like to exercise caution.
We ask all University staff, students and visitors to take the necessary general and specific measures to prevent viral infection issued by the National Institute of Public Health:
- Avoid physical contact with people who are showing signs of an infectious disease.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you fall ill, stay at home.
- Observe the rules of hygiene applying to coughs.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available, use a dedicated hand sanitiser. The hand sanitiser should contain at least 60% alcohol. Hand sanitisers are only for external use. Household cleaning products and disinfectants are not to be used to clean or disinfect the skin.
- Given the current epidemiological situation, the general use of protective masks is not necessary.
- During periods of increased respiratory infection, avoid enclosed spaces in which large numbers of people are present. Ensure that enclosed spaces are regularly ventilated.
In the next few days, we will equip all our premises with sanitisers. These will be placed in lecture halls and in common areas and washrooms. We have instructed the cleaning department to carry out additional disinfection on surfaces that present the greatest risk of the transfer of disease (handles, switches, etc.).
We have appointed a coordinating group tasked with monitoring the situation and providing information on any further measures to be taken. We have also established contact with experts outside the university. They will be able to advise us on such measures. The contact person for any questions not addressed by this notice is Dr Nika Vodopivec, head of professional services. She may be reached by telephone on +386 30 321 377 or by email at email@example.com.
If you have recently travelled to areas in which you may have been exposed to infection, we ask you to remain in self-isolation for a period of two weeks. If you notice any signs of disease that indicate the possibility of coronavirus infection in yourself or your loved ones, contact your doctor or an emergency clinic immediately.
For the foreseeable future, the issuing of travel orders for journeys outside the country will be strictly limited and assessed on a case-by-case basis. We would like, at this moment in time, to reduce visits to the University of Nova Gorica (student and staff mobility programmes, academic and teaching activities) to the lowest possible extent. We therefore ask you to postpone such activities until a later date. If you have obligations that have already been agreed (travel outside the country or the arrival of visitors from elsewhere), please inform the contact person. We will deal with individual cases on their merits.
We ask staff who come to work from an area along or close to the border with Italy to monitor the situation carefully and to decide, based on the current situation, whether it would make sense for them to stay at home for a certain period. In cases such as this, please get in touch with the contact person (details above) for more detailed instructions or arrangements.
Information on current exposure to the coronavirus on a country-by-country basis is available on the website of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. As the situation concerning the spread of the virus is changing rapidly, we advise you to regularly check the guidelines set out and updated on the websites of the National Institute of Public Health, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
T: +386 5 620 58 27