Post-doctoral collaborator in the field of physics (m/f)
University of Nova Gorica announces an open position of post-doctoral collaborator in the field of physics.
Deadline for applications: 6. 8. 2021
Candidates are expected to:
- have PhD in the Physics, Chemistry or Material Science;
- have a solid background in experimental physics, with proven experience with at least two of the following topics:
- designing and implementing photoemission experiments, possibly in time-resolved mode, aimed at investigating solid-state samples;
- designing and implementing experiments based on the magneto-optical Kerr effect (MOKE);
- dealing with ultra-high vacuum instrumentation.
- have a good command in English language.
- contribute to the development of the ultra-fast light source CITIUS;
- assist CITIUS users during experiment preparation and during experimental sessions;
- have the possibility of developing his/her own research line in the field of material science.
The successful candidate will take over some pedagogic obligations on one or more study programs at the University of Nova Gorica.
The preferred starting date is 1. 9. 2021 or by agreement. Employment is offered for full-time working hours over a fixed term of 12 months.
- letter of motivation including research experience;
- list of publications.
We will accept applications in electronic form at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com up to 6. 8. 2021.
Applications should be sent as a single email attachment, in PDF format.
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822