- On May 29th we celebrate 100th anniversary of the Solar eclipse which confirmed Einstein’s theory of relativity. To celebrate this important milestone, we will host an event at the university center in Ajdovščina.
- CAC/UNG is hosting the first meeting of the CEEPUS network Astro.CE. The guests will include U. of Belgrade, U. of Novi Sad, U. of Banja Luka, U. of Ljubljana, U. of Rijeka, Harvard University, SISSA, New York University and U. of Trieste!
- Two CAC members, Dr.Tanja Petrushevska and Dr. Gabrijela Zaharijas were awarded 'Jabolko Navdiha’ by the President of the Republic of Slovenia Borut Pahor. The ceremony took place on 25. 02. 2019. in the presidential palace.
- Registration for the Fermi Masterclass, a hands-on data analysis event for high school students is now open! Deadline, March 22.
- We will celebrate Women day in Astronomy on February 11th! Learn more.
- Article in DELO magazine about the CTA was published on January 15th.
- Dec 20, 2018, CAC Seminar by Darko Donevski (SISSA) on “Characterising the most distant dusty galaxies in the Universe”.
- Scientific result of a CAC UNG team member became one of top 5 scientific discoveries of Slovenian scientists in 2018, according to the RTV SLO portal!
- Dec 12, 2018, Scientific evening on the 'Dawn of the Universe’ by Professor Paolo Creminelli from ICTP, Trieste.