Advantages of being a PhD student at UNG
As an internationally-oriented university with a strong research character, the University of Nova Gorica offers PhD candidates an ideal environment for pursuing PhD studies.
As a research-oriented university, UNG offers its PhD students excellent opportunities for engaging in research at UNG research laboratories and centres with state-of-the-art research equipment.
Moreover, PhD students can take advantage of the individual approach and continuous support of mentors, other professors and researchers at UNG, who are also renowned experts in the relevant areas of science, and have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned external experts from abroad and with world-famous scientific collaborations and other partner institutions worldwide.
We strongly encourage our PhD students to participate in current research projects, activities and scientific events such as scientific conferences, study visits and mobilities at host institutions abroad. Many of such activities are organised by UNG on a regular basis, such as the traditional UNG Scientific Evenings: lectures by world’s leading scientists and experts, taking place at UNG, through which the students can gain invaluable experience of deepening their knowledge within the area of their interest.
Other benefits of pursuing PhD studies at the University of Nova Gorica are:
- excellent ratio between quality and tuition fees,
- Young Researchers’s calls, eligibility for applying for various national scholarships,
- a double PhD diploma in Cultural Heritage studies with the renowned IUAV University of Venice, and an option of a one-year specialisation course,
- a productive and internationally-oriented study environment, cooperation with renowned scientific collaborations and institutions worldwide,
- international mobility opportunitnies,
- Slovenia: a safe and welcoming country with a high quality of life and many student status related benefits,
- Slovenian language courses for UNG international students.