Recognition of education
Candidates, who have a foreign certificate of academic achievements and wish to continue their education in the Republic of Slovenia must have a decision acknowledging their right for further education at the university.
The process of recognition of education is led by an authorized person at the university and begins with the submission of an application form for enrollment via the eVS web portal.
The application form for enrolment is also an application for the initiation of the process of recognition of foreign education for the purpose of continuing education in the Republic of Slovenia. The form is submitted on the eVŠ web portal . Candidates who will submit an incomplete application or application for recognition of foreign education for the purpose of continuing education will be additionally informed about the request and the deadline for supplementing the application by regular electronic mail.
Candidates shall attach to the application for recognition of education:
- an uncertified copy of the certificate of education for which the right of access, registration and treatment in the process of enrollment in continuing education is requested to be recognized,
- a court-certified translation of the education certificate from the previous indent into the Slovenian or English language,
- annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education;
- a short chronological description of the entire education, prepared and signed by the holder of the education certificate or his / her legal representative;
- ID card (optional).
The application for recognition of education may also be accompanied by the original of the education certificate, for which it is desired to recognize the right of access, registration and treatment in the process of enrollment in further education.
When the authorized persons consider that they do not need a certified Slovenian translation of the education certificate or if the applicant cannot submit it due to justified reasons, but its education can still be assessed, they may also decide without a translation.
The authorized persons verifiy the authenticity of an uncertified copy of the education document with the issuer of the original education document or the competent authority of the country of origin of the education document. If, due to the timely implementation of the enrollment procedure, verification of the authenticity of the document with the issuer of the original document or the competent authority of the country of origin referred to in the previous sentence was not possible, the authorized person requires the applicant to submit the original education document.
The originals of educational documents are returned to the applicant by the authorized person, and the originals of court-certified translations only if a copy of the translations is also submitted in the procedure.
The authorized person may require the applicant to provide additional evidence if this is necessary to assess the application.
The candidate can appeal the issued decision to the University Senate within eight days of receiving the decision.
The deadline for issuing a decision on recognition in accordance with the Evaluation and Recognition of Education Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 87/2011-ZVPI (97/2011 corr.)) is two months from the receipt of a complete application.
The original or copy (duplicate) must be legalised on the basis of:
- the 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma has been issued); with properly filled in apostille form affixed or
- the Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
University of Nova Gorica
SI-5000 Nova Gorica
University of Nova Gorica
Glavni trg 8
T: +386 5 3315 234
T: +386 5 9099 717
F: +386 056205200
Monday-Friday: 9 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 3.30 PM
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1 PM – 3.30 PM
Tuesday, Thursday: 9 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 3.30 PM