Foreign certificate of academic achievement
Candidates, who have a foreign certificate of academic achievements and wish to continue their education in the Republic of Slovenia must have a decision acknowledging their right for further education at university or higher education specialist study programmes (hereinafter: decision of recognition). Candidates must send recognition papers together with application form.
Candidates, who do not have a decision of recognition, must send obligatory attachments together with application form to:
University of Nova Gorica
SI-5000 Nova Gorica
- Original or copy (duplicate) of the certificate or diploma to be recognised or some other document replacing the original according to the law of the issuing country; The original or copy (duplicate) must be legalised on the basis of:
- the 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma has been issued); with properly filled in apostille form affixed or
- the Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
- Certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate or diploma referred to in the first indent. Translation is not needed if final diploma is in Italian language or any formal Yugoslavia language;
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education;
- A short chronological description of the entire education prepared by the applicant, CV.
Countries for which no legalization is required: Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus (for documents issued by public higher education institutions and universities), Czech Republic, France, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, North Macedonia, Romania.
States Parties to the 1961 Hague Convention can be found on web page
The procedure for recognition of academic achievements is carried out by competent persons at the university.