This course is part of the programme:
Physics (Third Level)
Objectives and competences
- Independent search and evaluation of published results
- presentation of a given research topic to general scientific community in oral and in written form
Content (Syllabus outline)
The aim of this course is to prepare the students to competently present a chosen field of research to general audience and to broaden the knowledge and understanding of a pallete of ongoing research activities in physics and natural sciences.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
The students will learn how to obtain and critically evaluate published results, clearly and efficiently present research topics to general scientific audience and to broaden their general knowledge by being exposed to the state-of-the-art research activities in various fields of physics.
- Published scientific papers from the field of interest
- Oral presentation (lecture) 50
- Seminar in a written form 50
Associate professor of Material Science at the University of Nova Gorica.
University course code: 3FI101
Year of study: 1
- Seminar: 30 hours
- Individual work: 150 hours
Course type: mandatory
Learning and teaching methods:
seminar, individual contact hours with phd adviser and with the lecturer responsible for the course