Research work I
This course is part of the programme:
Environmental Sciences (Third Level)
Objectives and competences
The objective is to perform the research work that will become the student dissertation topic. The student will acquire specific skills and competences necessary for the implementation of the planned research work.
Content (Syllabus outline)
Individual research work of student under supervision of mentor or tutor, who directed and help to the student to organize his/ her individual research work that will become the student dissertation topic. Elements as follows are included:
- review the chosen research topic,
- put the research work in a context and identify the objectives of the research work,
- plan the research work for the 1st study year,
- analyze the results obtained from the research work done during the first study year,
- critical review of the research planned for the second year of study based on the results obtained during the first study year.
The student prepare 20-30 pages long report on his/her work and preliminary results to the international commission for the evaluation of the dissertation and makes oral presentation to the same commission, too.
Intended learning outcomes
Student gets capability in planning and performing research work related to the dissertation topic.
Readings are closely connected with the student’s research topic and the list is aproved by the supervisor.
Written report about: •review the chosen research topic •objectives of the research work •plan the research work for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd study year, and identification of the expected outcomes •research results obtained during the first study year
Habilitation on relevant field at the University of Nova Gorica.
University course code: 3OK002
Year of study: 1
- Individual work: 900 hours
Course type: compulsory
Learning and teaching methods:
individual research work of the student under supervision of mentor or tutor and experts in the laboratory through meetings and discussions.