Selected Topics in Soil Pollution
This course is part of the programme:
Environmental Sciences (Third Level)
Objectives and competences
To present to the students deepen knowledge on up-to-date research activities related to problems of soil pollution.
Content (Syllabus outline)
Content of course is selected by student in agreement with supervisor on topics covered by his/her research work. Topics of course are confirmed by scientific committee of Postgraduate studying program at the Faculty of environmental studies.
Intended learning outcomes
Understanding of sources, chemical processes and consequences of soil pollution. Autonomous work on problems related to soil pollution.
Selected articles related to soil pollution (at least 20 articles).
- Seminar work 50% • Oral exam 50%
Associate Professor of Biotechnology at the University of Nova Gorica
1) Zou T, Dembele F, Beugnet A, Sengmanivong L, Trepout S, Marco S, de Marco A, Li M-H (2015) Nanobody-functionalized PEG-b-PCL polymersomes and their targeting study. J Biotechnology, 214:147-155
2) Popović M, Šuštar V, Gričar J, Štraus I, Torkar G, Kraigher H, de Marco A (2016) Identification of environmental stress biomarkers in seedlings of European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) and Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris L.). Can J Forest Res, 46:58-66
3) Moutel S, Bery N, Bernard V, Keller L, Lemesre E, de Marco A, Ligat L, Rain GC, Favre G, Olichon A, Perez F (2016) NaLi-H1: A universal synthetic library of humanized nanobodies providing highly functional antibodies and intrabodies. eLife, 10.7554/eLife.16228
4) Crépin R, Gentien D, Duché A, Rapinat A, Reyes C, Némati F, Massonnet G, Decaudin D, Djender S, Moutel S, Desrumeaux K, Cassoux N, Piperno-Neumann S, Amigorena S, Perez F, Roman Roman S, de Marco A (2017) Nanobodies against surface biomarkers enable the analysis of tumor genetic heterogeneity in uveal melanoma Patient Derived Xenografts. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 30:317-327
5) Ambrosetti E, Paoletti P, Bosco A, Parisse P, Scaini D, Tagliabue E, de Marco A, Casalis L (2017) Quantification of circulating cancer biomarkers via sensitive topographic measurements on single binder nanoarrays. ACS Omega, 2:2618-2629
6) Popović M, Gregori M, Vodnik D, Ferlan M, Mrak T, Štraus I, McDowell, NG, Kraigher H, de Marco A (2017) Identification of stress biomarkers for drought and increased soil temperature in seedlings of European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.). Can J Forest Res, 47:1517-526
7) Crepin R, Veggiani G, Djender S, Beugnet A, Planeix F, Pichon C, Moutel S, Amigorena S, Perez F, Ghinea N, de Marco A (2017) Whole-cell biopanning with a synthetic phage display library of nanobodies enabled the recovery of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Comm, 493:1567-1572
8) Popovic M, Mazzega E, Toffoletto B, de Marco A (2018) Isolation of anti-extra-cellular vesicle single-domain antibodies by direct panning on vesicle-enriched fractions. Microbial Cell Fact, 17:6
9) Mazzega E, de Marco A (2018) Engineered cross-reacting nanobodies simplify comparative oncology between humans and dogs. Vet Comp Oncology, 16:E202-E206
10) de Marco A (2018) Nanomaterial bio-activation and macromolecules functionalization: the search for reliable protocols. Prot Expr Purif, 147:49-54
University course code: 3OK009
Year of study: 2
- Lectures: 30 hours
- Seminar: 30 hours
- Individual work: 240 hours
Course type: elective
Learning and teaching methods: