Research work I
This course is part of the programme:
Economics and Techniques for the Conservation of the Architectural and Environmental Heritage (ETCAEH) (Third Level)
Objectives and competences
The objective is to perform the research work that will become the student dissertation topic. The student will acquire specific skills and competences necessary for the implementation of the planned research work.
Content (Syllabus outline)
Individual research work of student under supervision of mentor or tutor. The student will be instructed on how to organize the research work that will become the student dissertation topic:
- review the chosen research topic,
- put the research work in a context and identify the objectives of the research work,
- plan the research work for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd study year, and identify the expected outcomes,
- perform the research work planned during the first study year,
- analyze the results obtained from the research work done during the first study year,
- critical review of the research planned for the second year of study based on the results obtained during the first study year
Intended learning outcomes
Capability in planning and performing research work related to the dissertation topic.
Literature related to the student’s research topic.
University course code: 8AR041
Year of study: 1
- Individual work: 450 hours
Course type: obligatory
Learning and teaching methods:
individual research work of the student under supervision of mentor or tutor, director of the programme and other experts through meetings and discussions.