Language Courses 2021/2022
The applications for the winter semester language courses are now open!
Good foreign language skills bring us numerous advantages. Moreover, knowledge of foreign languages is indispensable in education as well as in modern science. The School of Humanities of the University of Nova Gorica thus offers you the opportunity to learn foreign languages at various levels and gain an insight into the target cultures.
In the 2021/2022 academic year, the School of Humanities is organising the following language courses:
- Course of Basic Slovene Language (A1) – winter semester
- Course of the Slovene language (B1) – summer semester
- Course of the German Language 1 (A1) – winter semester
- Course of the German Language 2 (A1+) – summer semester
- Course of the German Language 3 (B1) – winter semester
- Course of the German Language 4 (B1+) – summer semester
- Course of the English Language (B1+) – winter semester
- Course of the English Language (B2) – summer semester
The levels of language competence achieved (stated in brackets) are in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – for further information about all levels see the section “Reference levels of language competence”.
Scope of courses and certificates obtained
Each course comprises 60* contact hours.
Upon successfully passing a course (passing tests, final examinations, maintaining regular attendance, submitting written assignments etc.) the participants obtain a course completion certificate.
*One contact (teaching) hour equals 45 minutes.
Duration of courses
The lessons usually take place once or twice a week. Wnter semester: October 1, 2021 – January 21, 2022. Summer semester: February 14 – June 3, 2022.
Reference levels of language competence achieved
The levels of language competence achieved (stated in brackets) are in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR; pages 25–29), which enables the language competence levels achieved to be recognised worldwide. The six-level frame used throughout is based on the normal practice of a number of public examining bodies – schools, universities, other institutions, companies and employers, both in Slovenia and abroad.
Courses and the ECTS system
60-hour courses are assigned 4 ECTS units, except the Basic Slovene Language Course (6 ECTS). The ECTS units obtained can be recognised at various study programmes, provided that the possibility exists.
- 60-hour course: UNG students and UNG employees: €130; others: €260.
The price includes: a tuition fee, use of library resources, admission to the final exam (up to 3 times), course completion certificate.
Other advantages of our language courses:
- up-to-date and diverse topics,
- in addition to developing only pure language skills, the participants also gain an insight into the target cultures,
- modern teaching methods,
- experienced university lecturers.
Courses will only be carried out in case of a sufficient number of students registered in a particular course.