German Language 4
This course is part of the programme:
Bachelor's study programme Slovene Studies (1st Level)
Objectives and competences
The main educational aims of the course are to strengthen, to deepen as well as to extend the students’ linguistic knowledge, to practise more complex grammatical structures, to develop reading comprehension skills. The students develop a critical and global approach to a text, recognise its global value and identify the main ideas that a text conveys.
During the course the students shall upgrade their existing knowledge of the Geman language, previously acquired in approximately 180 teaching hours.
Content (Syllabus outline)
The course content is similar to that of the German Language 3, that is to learn more complex grammatical structures, develop the students’ reading comprehension skills by reading authentic texts and extend their vocabulary of the German language, as well as to use it in practice.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
The students shall upgrade and deepen their knowledge of the German language acquired during the courses German Language 1, 2 and 3. They shall improve their writing as well as speaking skills and, above all, their reading skills.
- Passwort Deutsch 1, 2 – Lehr- und Übungsbuch Založba: Klett.
- Böhmer, M., Zoepfer Tassinari, U.: Il tedesco scientifico. Wissenschaftsdeutsch. Corso di lettura, Bulzoni, Roma 1997
- Paschke, Peter: Leggere il tedesco per gli studi umanistici. Principianti / Deutsch lesen in den Geisteswissenschaften. Anfänger. Cafoscarina, Venezia 2007
- Paschke, Peter: Leggere il tedesco per gli studi umanistici. Progrediti / Deutsch lesen in den Geisteswissenschaften. Fortgeschrittene. Cafoscarina, Venezia 2009.
- N. Muster Čenčur: Nemška slovnica po naše; Cankarjeva založba, Ljubljana, 1998
- H. Dreyer, R. Schmitt: Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik; Max Huber Verlag, München, 2002
- Dorothea Lévy-Hillerich, Elena Cickovska, Karmelka Baric: Mit deutsch. Studieren, arbeiten, leben. Arcipelago Edizioni, 2009
- Slovarji nemškega jezika/Dictionaries of the German language
- Lectures • Seminar tutorials enabling the students to practise more complex grammatical structures • Seminar tutorials during which the students practise reading texts in the German language
Tamara Vicman, Lecturer of the German language, teaches German at the University of Nova Gorica, at the School of Humanities. She also teaches general German language courses, as well as courses of German for specific purposes of different levels in Italy.
University course code: 1SL247
Year of study: 2
- Lectures: 30 hours
- Exercises: 30 hours
- Individual work: 60 hours
Course type: mandatory elective
Learning and teaching methods:
the students take two mid-term tests. at the end of the semester, the students take a written examination. the students who pass both mid-term tests with the minimum result of 80 % are exempted from the written examination.