|| Yerevan State University (YSU), Faculty of Physics, Yerevan, Armenia.
Program: Condensed Matter Physics and Biophysics. Advisor: prof. V.F. Morozov. Doctor of Physics (PhD) degree, Yerevan, Armenia, June 17, 2005
|| Yerevan State University (YSU), Faculty of Physics, Yerevan, Armenia. Master degree in Physics, YSU, Yerevan, Armenia, 2002
|| Yerevan State University (YSU), Faculty of Physics, Yerevan, Armenia. Bachelor degree in Physics, YSU, Yerevan, Armenia, 2000
|| Adjunct Scientist, NIH, NICHD, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
| June 2005
|| Visiting Scientist, Condensed Matter Section, Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy. Invited by prof. V. Kravtsov
|| Associate Professor (izredni profesor) at Materials Research Laboratory, University of Nova Gorica, Vipavska 13, SI-5000 Nova Gorica, Slovenia, EU
|| Assistant Professor (docent) at Materials Research Laboratory, University of Nova Gorica, Vipavska 13, SI-5000 Nova Gorica, Slovenia, EU
|| Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the group of prof. Rudolf Podgornik, Institute “Jozef Stefan”, Theoretical Physics Section, Slovenia, EU
|| Non-Tenure-Track Research Scientist (Assegno di Ricerca) in the group of prof. Achille Giacometti, Dip-to Scienze Molecolari e Nanosistemi, Universita Ca`Foscari di Venezia, Italy.
|| Postdoctoral Fellow in the group of prof. Hue Sun Chan, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
|| Laboratory assistant and Lecturer at Molecular Physics Department of Physics Faculty, Yerevan State University, Armenia
|| Junior research assistant at the Institute for Physical Research, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Ashtarak, Armenia
Artem Badasyan is actively teaching at University of Nova Gorica (2013-now) physical, mathematical and computation-related subjects. His teaching portfolio is comprised of:
Higher Statistical Physics; Biophysics; Physics of Phase Transitions; Fluids, Waves and Heat, Laboratory Course on Molecular Physics; Analysis I; Linear Algebra; Selected Topics from Mathematical Physics II (Complex Analysis).
He has supervised and co-supervised 7 Bachelor and 2 Master students (all successful), was referee of several Master Thesis and Bachelor Diploma.
Research interests of Dr. Badasyan are mainly within the the Statistical Physics and Thermodynamics topics, especially when it comes to applications to Macromolecules, in general and Biopolymers, in particular. In his studies he is mostly interested in finding a proper balance between the rigorous approach and importance of obtained results for experimental studies and technologies. Below are few keywords, that may describe the scope of his interests.
Theoretical Soft Condensed Matter Physics; Statistical Physics of Macromolecules; Exactly Solvable Statistical Models and their Application in Polymer Physics; Microscopic Theory of Helix-Coil Transition in Biopolymers; Physics of Disordered Systems, Protein Folding, Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Go-like Coarse-Grained Models; Partition Function Zeroes and Structural Transitions in Biological Systems; Intersegment Interactions in Biopolymers; DNA Under Tension and Multivalent Counterion Induced Collapse; Oscillations of Density-Density Correlation Function in Polymers; Solvents Influencing Conformational Transitions in Biopolymers; Microscopic Origins of Pressure Effects in Polymer Solutions, Spin Models for Conformational Transitions in Polymers, Intrinsically Disordered Proteins, Dynamic Light Scattering, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Flory-Huggins theory of miscibility and Mixing Phase Diagram.
- BADASYAN, Artem, MAMASAKHLISOV, Yevgeni S., PODGORNIK, Rudolf, PARSEGIAN, Vozken Adrian. “Solvent effects in the helix-coil transition model can explain the unusual biophysics of intrinsically disordered proteins.”, The Journal of Chemical Physics 143, 014102 (2015)
- A. Badasyan, Sh. Tonoyan, A. Giacometti, R. Podgornik, V. Adrian Parsegian, Y. Mamasakhlisov and V. Morozov, “Unified description of solvent effects in the helix-coil transition”, Phys. Rev. E 89, 022723 (2014)
- A. Badasyan, A. Giacometti, R. Podgornik, Y. Mamasakhlisov and V. Morozov “Helix-coil transition in terms of Potts-like spins”, The European physical journal. E, Soft matter 5, 46 (2013)
- A. Badasyan, Sh. Tonoyan, A. Giacometti, R. Podgornik, V. Adrian Parsegian, Y. Mamasakhlisov and V. Morozov, “Osmotic Pressure Induced Coupling between Cooperativity and Stability of a Helix-Coil Transition”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 068101 (2012)
- A. V. Badasyan, Sh. A. Tonoyan, Y. Sh. Mamasakhlisov, Achille Giacometti, A. S. Benight and V. F. Morozov, “Competition for hydrogen-bond formation in the helix-coil transition and protein folding”, Phys. Rev. E 83, 051903 (2011)
- Badasyan A.V., Giacometti A., Mamamsakhlisov Y. Sh., Morozov V.F. , Benight A.S., “Microscopic formulation of the Zimm-Bragg model for the helix-coil transition.” Physical Review E. 81, 021921 (2010)
- A. V. Badasyan, G. N. Hayrapetyan, Sh. A. Tonoyan, Y. Sh. Mamamsakhlisov, A. S. Benight and V.F. Morozov, “Intersegment interactions and helix-coil transition within the generalized model of polypeptide chains approach”, J. Chem. Phys. 131, 115104 (2009)
- Artem Badasyan, Zhirong Liu, Hue Sun Chan, “Interplaying roles of native topology and chain length in marginally cooperative and noncooperative folding of small protein fragments”, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry 109 (14), 3482 (2009).
- Yevgeni Sh. Mamasakhlisov, Brian A. Todd, Artem. V. Badasyan, Anna. V. Mkrtchyan, Vladimir. F. Morozov and V. Adrian Parsegian, “DNA stretching and multivalent-cation-induced condensation”, Phys. Rev. E 80, 031915 (2009)
- Artem Badasyan, Zhirong Liu, Hue Sun Chan, “Probing Possible Downhill Folding”, J. Mol. Biol. 384, 512 (2008)
- A.V. Badasyan, Sh. Tonoyan, A.V. Tsarukyan, E.Sh. Mamasakhlisov, A.S. Benight, V.F. Morozov, “Two Scale GMPC”, J. Chem. Phys. 128, 195101 (2008); has been selected for the May 15, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research