Electric charge transport in thin layers of organic semiconductors, graphene and organic-semiconductor/graphene blends. Initial stages of growth of thin layers of organic semiconductors. Optical, electronic and structural properties of organic semiconductor layers. Electronic properties of graphene and graphene-related compounds. Experimental methods: organic molecular beam deposition, atomic force microscopy, synchrotron radiation photoelectron spectroscopy, transient photocurrent measurements, transport methods, optical lithography.
- Doctor of Science. University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Head and founder of the Laboratory for Organic Matter Physics, University of Nova Gorica. After joining the University of Nova Gorica in 1997, I have established a research group focusing on the organic semiconductors. The group was the first in Slovenia performing research on organic semiconductors. The group operates extensive equipment for deposition and characterization of organic semiconductors and organic electronic devices including: glove-box for fabrication of organic solar cells, two atomic force microscopes, a system for transient photocurrent measurements, a system of organic molecular beam epitaxy.
- Professor of physics, University of Nova Gorica
- Vice rector for science and arts, University of Nova Gorica
- Dean of the School for applied sciences. University of Nova Gorica.
- Director of the graduate program Materials Characterization.
- Research Associate, University of Minnesota, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Minneapolis, MN, USA. Research on compound semiconductor interfaces, using molecular beam epitaxy, atomic force microscopy, and synchrotron radiation photoelectron spectroscopy.
- Research assistant, Laboratory TASC-INFM, Trieste, Italy.
- Development engineer, ISKRA Elektrooptika, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Military service
- Development engineer Iskra Avtoelektrika, Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
- Pregl Award for outstanding achievements in science
- Member of the Working group for the preparation of the Research act. Appointed by the Ministry of education, science and sports
- Member of the Higher education council of the Republic of the Republic of Slovenia
- Member of the Commission for Natural sciences and mathematics at the Scientific council of Republic of Slovenia.
- Member of the management board, Foundation University of Nova Gorica.
- Head of the action group for the restructuring of the study programs in Physics at the University of Nova Gorica.
- Organized and supervised a construction of a 2100 m2 building for the University of Nova Gorica.
- Member of the Advisory board, Technology park of Primorska, Nova Gorica.
- Responsible for the organization of the monthly scientific seminars at the University of Nova Gorica.
- Member of the Personal nucleus for physics of the Slovenian scientific expert system, Government of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Head of the action group for the preparation of the undergraduate program Instrumentation.
- Member of the Executive committee, Slovenian vacuum society
- Head of the action group for the preparation of the graduate program Materials characterization.
- Member of the Expert group for the foundation of the University of Primorska, Government of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Physical Review Letters,
- Physical Review B,
- Applied Physics Letters,
- Surface Science,
- Physica E,
- IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices
- Organic electronics