Distance-learning support in 2020/21
Recently, the University of Nova Gorica has significantly increased the amount of online-learning support, and in the 2020/21 academic year the use of blended learning, that is combining traditional and online teaching methods, is supposed to further increase, leading to the introduction of more mixed study programmes in the years to come. You will be able to study partly online, while through practical courses and practical placements carried out in situ, on the university premises and at host institutions, you will gain valuable experience for your career path. Combining the traditional form of studies and distance learning offers you a high level of flexibility but at the same time guarantees high quality of studies.
In the 2020/21 academic year, we will offer the following forms of distance-learning support:
- online lectures (live streaming, using videoconferencing systems and platforms such as MiTeam, Zoom, big Blue Button etc.),
- other forms of e-learning (consultations, project work, interactive activities in virtual classrooms, online foreign language courses etc..),
- additional e-materials (recorded lectures, enhanced MiTeam and Moodle virtual classrooms),
- online examinations and other online forms of assessment (using videoconferencing tools and applications),
- online presentations and defences of seminars, Bachelor’s, Masters and PhD theses).
The availability of distance learning options depends on the specific characteristics of individual study programmmes.