Selected Topics in Soil Pollution
Environmental Sciences (Third Cycle)
Objectives and competences
To present to the students deepen knowledge on up-to-date research activities related to problems of soil pollution.
Content of course is selected by student in agreement with supervisor on topics covered by his/her research work. Topics of course are confirmed by scientific committee of Postgraduate studying program at the Faculty of environmental studies.
Intended learning outcomes
Understanding of sources, chemical processes and consequences of soil pollution. Autonomous work on problems related to soil pollution.
Selected articles related to soil pollution (at least 20 articles).
• Seminar work 50% • Oral exam 50%
Ario de Marco is associate professor in the field of biotechnology at the University of Nova Gorica.
• Zou T, Dembele F, Beugnet A, Sengmanivong L, Trepout S, Marco S, de Marco A, Li M-H (2015) Nanobody-functionalized PEG-b-PCL polymersomes and their targeting study. J Biotechnology, 214:147-155
• Moutel S, Bery N, Bernard V, Keller L, Lemesre E, de Marco A, Ligat L, Rain GC, Favre G, Olichon A, Perez F (2016) NaLi-H1: A universal synthetic library of humanized nanobodies providing highly functional antibodies and intrabodies. eLife, 10.7554/eLife.16228
• Crépin R, Gentien D, Duché A, Rapinat A, Reyes C, Némati F, Massonnet G, Decaudin D, Djender S, Moutel S, Desrumeaux K, Cassoux N, Piperno-Neumann S, Amigorena S, Perez F, Roman Roman S, de Marco A (2017) Nanobodies against surface biomarkers enable the analysis of tumor genetic heterogeneity in uveal melanoma Patient Derived Xenografts. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res, 30:317-327
• Ambrosetti E, Paoletti P, Bosco A, Parisse P, Scaini D, Tagliabue E, de Marco A, Casalis L (2017) Quantification of circulating cancer biomarkers via sensitive topographic measurements on single binder nanoarrays. ACS Omega, 2:2618-2629
• Crepin R, Veggiani G, Djender S, Beugnet A, Planeix F, Pichon C, Moutel S, Amigorena S, Perez F, Ghinea N, de Marco A (2017) Whole-cell biopanning with a synthetic phage display library of nanobodies enabled the recovery of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Comm, 493:1567-1572
• Popovic M, Mazzega E, Toffoletto B, de Marco A (2018) Isolation of anti-extra-cellular vesicle single-domain antibodies by direct panning on vesicle-enriched fractions. Microbial Cell Fact, 17:6
• Mazzega E, de Marco A (2018) Engineered cross-reacting nanobodies simplify comparative oncology between humans and dogs. Vet Comp Oncology, 16:E202-E206
• de Marco A (2018) Nanomaterial bio-activation and macromolecules functionalization: the search for reliable protocols. Prot Expr Purif, 147:49-54
• Oloketuyi S, Annovi G, de Marco A (2020) Peroxidase zymograms obtained by agarose native gel electrophoresis have unmet resolution and completeness. Int J Biol Macromol 156:869-873
• Oloketuyi S, Mazzega E, Zavašnik J, Pungjunum K, Kalcher K, de Marco A, Mehmeti E (2020) Electrochemical immunosensor functionalized with nanobodies for the detection of the toxic microalgae Alexandrium minutum using glassy carbon electrode modified with gold nanoparticles. Biosensors Bioelectronics, 54:112052
• Soler MA, Medagli B, Wang J, Oloketuyi S, Bajc G, Huang H, Fortuna S, de Marco A (2021) Effect of humanizing mutations on the stability of the llama single-domain variable region. Biomolecules 11:163
• Ambrosetti E, Bernardinelli G, Hoffecker I, Hartmanis L, Kiriako G, de Marco A, Sandberg R, Högberg B, Teixeira AI (2021) A DNA-nanoassembly-based approach to map membrane protein nanoenvironments. Nat Nanotechnol, 16:85-95
University course code: 3OK009
Year of study: 2. year
- prof. dr. Ario de Marco
- Lectures: 30 hours
- Seminar: 30 hours
- Individual work: 240 hours
Course kind: elective
Learning and teaching methods: