Master in Engineering and Management (Second Level)
Objectives and competences
The final stage of the studies leading to the Master’ degree. The students presents the results of their work, which deals with a specific problem in the field of engineering and management at an appropriate degree of difficulty, in written and oral form.
The students demonstrate their capability of performing autonomously a professional task including needed investigations and problem solving, and their capability of presenting heir work and results to a professional audience by taking into account the ethical principles of professional work.
There are no prerequisites.
Master’s thesis in the field of engineering and management. The topic is selected upon prior agreement with the mentor and prior approval of the School’s Senate.
The application and approval of the topic of the Master’s thesis, its submission, defence and assessment, as well as the publication of its findings complies with the University of Nova Gorica regulations concerning procedure on how to apply and defend diploma and masters theses (available at: http://www.ung.si/en/about/regulations/).
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
• The students are able to autonomously dissect a professional problem into separate manageable units.
• The students are capable of defining the important elements of a written work.
• The students are able to carefully describe and explain the processes and results of their work.
• The students are able to present the problems and solutions in a clear way.
• The students are able to provide a critical assessment of the results obtained, as well as of the literature sources available.
Books, articles and other sources of information related to the topic of the Master's thesis.
The grade assigned to the Master’s thesis and its oral defence by the Committee consisting of the mentor, the Chair of the Evaluation Committee, and another member of the Committee. Grades “pass” or “fail” are awarded. Master’s theses are prepared and assessed in accordance with the University of Nova Gorica regulations concerning procedure on how to apply and defend diploma and masters theses (available at: http://www.ung.si/en/about/regulations/). 100%
All mentors possess adequate qualifications and references.
University course code: 2GI0MM
Year of study: 2. year
Course kind: mandatory
Languages: slovenian or english
Learning and teaching methods:
• tutorial • students' individual work