Our awareness of the importance of environmental issues is increasing, but we are also aware of the fact that environmental management calls for a professional approach.
About our programmes
The School of Environmental Sciences was the first in Slovenia to have launched a comprehensive university study programme in the field of environmental sciences. The goal of our fully accredited first and second-level study programmes Environment is to educate professionals in the fields of environmental research and protection, as well as the management of the environment. The common characteristics of both study programmes is a strong focus on project work and practical field work, which are performed in cooperation with the business and the economy sector, as well as with the research units of the University, particularly the Laboratory for Environmental and Life Sciences.
The first- and second-level study programmes:
- The study programmes are comparable to contemporary environmental programmes in other countries and incorporate the latest research knowledge.
- The programmes are highly interdisciplinary.
- The programmes encourage international student exchanges with numerous universities abroad.
- Small study groups, with an emphasis on project work, enable the students to have contact with modern environmental technologies, to get to know measurement techniques and instruments and environmental assessment methodologies.
- The first-level study programme Enviroment: apart from acquiring the fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge, you will be able to deepen your knowledge in the area of environment, the human impact on it, and the principles and methods of environmental protection.
- The second-level study programme Environment: specialisation and deepening of knowledge in selected environmental fields are based on a broad range of electives and seminars that deal with a variety of current environmental issues