Research position in SOFTWARE ENGINEERING available at the University of Nova Gorica
The University of Nova Gorica announces the opening of the following position: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING working at the development of systems and software for text and data mining. Deadline: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The position is open within the European project SUNGREEN http://sungreen.ung.si cofinanced under Framework Programme 7 (Call: FP7-REGPOT-2011-1) with duration until 30.9.2014. Conversion to a tenure-track position is possible. The researcher will work in the Centre for Systems and Information Technologies at the University of Nova Gorica. Appropriated salary will be determined according to the academic position.
h3. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary research team involved in:
- development of systems and software for text and data mining,
- development of text mining and natural language processing methods for interdisciplinary applications.
For more information on currently running research activities at the University of Nova Gorica: http://www.ung.si/si/raziskave/ and http://www.ung.si/si/raziskave/sistemi-it/
- a PhD in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or other relevant field,
- at least 2 years postdoctoral experience from the fields related to the job description,
- excellent publication record in the fields related to the job description,
- demonstrated ability to perform independent work in a group-oriented research environment,
- very good oral and written communication skills in English.
h3. Application should include:
- cover letter,
- CV including contact details,
- a list of relevant publications,
- a list of 3 professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses,
- it would be advantageous for the candidate to submit a tentative plan of research activities (max. 2 pages).
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Initial consideration of applications will commence on 11 April 2013.
h3. Applications should be sent to the following address:
Univerza v Novi Gorici, Vipavska cesta 13, SI 5000 Nova Gorica, Slovenia
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Tea Stibilj Nemec
Univerza v Novi Gorici
Vipavska cesta 13
SI 5000 Nova Gorica
T: +386 5 3315 261