Research work 3
Cognitive science of language Third Level
Objectives and competences
The student in the third academic year should be able to:
- individual analytical thinking
- solving professional problems with individual search of solutions,
- application of relevant research techniques on the field of their dissertation topic
- critical evaluation of results
- participate in interdisciplinary team work
- communicate and present scientific results to national and international scientific community in English
Knowledge obtained in the course of the obligatory subjects in this program.
The student continues with intensive research work on the topics of his/her doctoral thesis which were defined in agreement with the supervisor. The program is individual and includes:
• Data analysis and their interpretation
• Presentation and discussion of project results
• Literature study
• Skills in problem solving
• Work to fulfil the PhD thesis proposal
• Team work and collaboration
• Skills in scientific writing in English
Intended learning outcomes
In the third year, students are expected to show a solid progression of the research project, with important component in data analysis and interpretation.
Students should have acquired sufficient expertise in content knowledge, skill in laboratory methods, and knowledge of research methods and statistics.
Readings are closely connected with the student's research topic and the list is approved by the supervisor.
Written report on research progress.
Supervisor of a doctoral student must be a university teacher, holding a title Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor, or researcher with a doctoral degree, with research experiences in the field of the dissertation topic.
University course code: 3JEZ035
Year of study: 3. year
- Individual work: 1680 hours
Course kind: obligatory
Learning and teaching methods:
• lectures of invited speakers • presentation and interpretation of results of research work to other colleagues from postgraduate course • writing contributions in cooperation with supervisor for meetings and workshops • writing scientific papers in english