German Language 3
Bachelor's study programme Slovene Studies (1st Level)
Objectives and competences
The main aims of the course are to strengthen, deepen and extend the students’ knowledge of the German language, to practise more complex grammatical structures, to develop reading comprehension skills. The students develop the ability to take a critical and global approach to a text, recognise its global value and identify the main ideas that a text conveys.
During the course the students shall upgrade their existing basic knowledge the German language, previously acquired in approximately 120 teaching hours.
Exercises on more complex grammatical structures, developing the students’ reading comprehension skills, learning about different text types, extending the vocabulary, understanding texts written in the German language.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
The students shall upgrade and deepen their knowledge of the German language acquired during the courses German Language 1 and German Language 2. They shall improve their writing and speaking skills, and, above all, further develop their reading skills.
• Passwort Deutsch 1, 2 – Lehr- und Übungsbuch Založba: Klett. Catalogue1 Catalogue2 E-version
• Böhmer, M., Zoepfer Tassinari, U.: Il tedesco scientifico. Wissenschaftsdeutsch. Corso di lettura, Bulzoni, Roma 199
• Paschke, Peter: Leggere il tedesco per gli studi umanistici. Principianti / Deutsch lesen in den Geisteswissenschaften. Anfänger. Cafoscarina, Venezia 2007
• N. Muster Čenčur: Nemška slovnica po naše; Cankarjeva založba, Ljubljana, 1998 Catalogue
• H. Dreyer, R. Schmitt: Lehr- und Übungsbuch der deutschen Grammatik; Max Huber Verlag, München, 2002
• Dorothea Lévy-Hillerich, Elena Cickovska, Karmelka Baric: Mit deutsch. Studieren, arbeiten, leben. Arcipelago Edizioni, 2009
• Dictionaries of the German language
The students take two mid-term tests. At the end of the semester, the students take a written examination. The students who pass both mid-term tests with the minimum result of 80 % are exempted from the written examination.
University course code: 1SL246
Year of study: 2. year
- Lectures: 30 hours
- Exercises: 30 hours
- Individual work: 60 hours
Course kind: mandatory elective
Learning and teaching methods:
• lectures • seminar tutorials enabling the students to practise more complex grammatical structures • seminar tutorials during which the students practise reading texts in the german language