Assistant posts for young researchers in 2017
University of Nova Gorica is seeking to fill a number of assistant positions in research fields. Deadline for applications: 7. 7. 2017
PHYSICS – two positions with:
- adjunct prof. dr. Primož Škraba (Remote sensing of atmospheric properties)
- doc. dr. Sergey Vorobyev (Astroparticle physics)
MATERIALS – one position with:
- prof. dr. Mladen Franko (Photothermal methods for the characterization of advanced materials)
EXPERIMENTAL SURFACE SCIENCE – one position with:
- prof. dr. Sandra Gardonio (Modelling and Simulation of Materials and Processes)
(1) Candidates for young researchers must fulfill the following conditions:
- having at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, obtained in a study course adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004 and the average grade of all examinations and exercises (excluding the degree examination) of at least 8.00, and meeting all conditions to enroll in doctoral studies; or
- having second level degree in the appropriate field, adopted in the Republic of Slovenia after 11 June 2004 and the average grade for all examinations and exercises in the program of first and second level of at least 8.00 (including the diploma or master thesis degree) or
- having a master’s degree obtained in a master’s study course adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004; or
- comparable education to that referred to in the first, second and third indent hereunder acquired at foreign universities; and
- be age of 28 years (year of birth); the age limit is increased beyond 28 years if the young researcher without financial support of Agency already completed one or two years of postgraduate studies the third level, namely, for every completed year added one year.
(2) If the candidate for young researcher at the conclusion of the contract entered in the second or third year of the study program of the third level, the average grade of undergraduate study course adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004, and the average grade for all examinations and exercises of study program of first and second level is not important. If the candidate has a master’s degree, achieved on master’s study course adopted in the Republic of Slovenia before 11 June 2004, the average score of undergraduate study is not important.
(3) If the candidate for young researcher has used the parental leave for at least six months, while one child is one year, the age limit shall be extended beyond of 28 years. Equally applies to documented sick leaves exceeding six months.
(4) Agency shall not finance candidates for young researchers if at the signing of the contract entered into an additional year of study program in the third level, or have that status is already used, candidates who through agency has already been funded young researchers program and candidates who already completed a doctorate.
Applications and further information:
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: 05 33 15 261