Postdoctoral researcher or assistant professor in the field of computational mathematics
University of Nova Gorica announces an open position of a postdoctoral researcher or assistant professor in the field of computational mathematics.
Deadline for applications: 20.4.2019 or until the position is filled.
We aim to develop advanced simulation methods, with quality control and reliability, for problems in computational biomechanics (including medicines and surgery), and computational materials science. Therefore, the candidates are expected to have:
- a PhD degree in applied/computational mathematics or in engineering disciplines,
- in-depth experience in one or more of the following numerical methods: discontinuous Galerkin methods, isogeometric methods, extended finite element method, meshfree methods, collocation methods, polygonal (polyhedral) finite element methods, virtual element methods, and model reduction and multiscale methods,
- a high-level of programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Fortran, C++, Matlab, and Python (preferably latter),
- strong publication record, preferably some experience in writing project proposals for external research funding,
- be independent, adaptable to work in an international group, and reliable,
- have good knowledge of English,
- priority will be given to candidates who hold a docent/assistant professor title or meet the standards to obtain the docent title.
The selected candidate will be involved in research work of the Centre for Information Technologies and Applied Mathematics, and should be prepared to teach at different study programs of University of Nova Gorica up to 6 hours per week.
The application material will consist of the following documents:
- A concise application/cover letter (max two A4 pages), describing your research experience and interests, and suitability for the intended position,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Complete scientific and professional bibliography,
- Contact data of at least two professional referees.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview by April 30th, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will be taken into account only if the position is not filled. The starting date of the position will be agreed with the candidate, but no later than October 1st, 2019. The employment contract will be concluded for two years, with a possibility of extension.
Applications should be sent by e-mail as a single file in pdf format to the University of Nova Gorica personnel office, Mrs. Tea Stibilj Nemec (email@example.com), with cc to Prof. S. Tomar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications and further information:
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 620 58 22