Post-doctoral researcher in experimental linguistics/psycholinguistics/cognitive science (m/f)
The University of Nova Gorica has a vacancy for the position of post-doctoral researcher in experimental linguistics/psycholinguistics/cognitive science.
Deadline for applications: 25. 10. 2019
We are looking for candidates interested in pursuing a rewarding research and academic career at the University of Nova Gorica. We offer a dynamic research environment supported by state-of-the-art research equipment and a pronounced international orientation.
The work will be conducted in the Center for Cognitive Science of Language. The successful candidate will conduct experimental linguistics tasks within the Slovenian Research Agency project “Development of a standardized test of the sentence comprehension ability in Slovenian-speaking adults”, led by prof. dr. Arthur Stepanov. The candidate may be asked to take over moderate teaching obligations in the university’s linguistics programs.
To be considered for the position, candidates should have:
- a PhD in linguistics or a related field (e.g. psychology, cognitive science, etc.),
- ability to work independently, as well as to work in a team taking on an active role in organizing and conducting behavioral experiments and in recruiting participants,
- a fluent command of Slovenian and English,
- a strong background in theoretically-grounded experimental linguistics, psycholinguistics or cognitive science, preferably with a focus on experimental syntax.
- proven research experience or an active research agenda that concerns the non-neurotypical use of language (e.g. aphasia, sign language),
- knowledge of up-to-date statistical methods of data analysis.
The successful candidate will be employed on a full-time basis for a fixed term of one year, with the possibility to renew for a second year. The expected start date is January 1, 2020 (earlier employment is possible if the successful candidate can start earlier).
The following documents must be submitted:
- certificate of education,
- a CV detailing previous research experience and reflecting the fulfilment of the above stated application requirements and, if applicable, advantages,
- a short research statement,
- list of publications,
- a copy of a representative publication,
- two letters of reference (submitted directly by the referees).
Please send your application, along with the required supporting materials, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be sent as a single pdf e-mail attachment.
Inquiries regarding the application procedure should be directed to Tea Stibilj Nemec by email at email@example.com or by phone at +386 5 6205 822.
For additional information regarding the research tasks, please contact prof. Arthur Stepanov at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 6205 822