Communication in science
This course is part of the programme:
Physics (Third Level)
Objectives and competences
Content (Syllabus outline)
The aim of this course is to prepare the students to competently present a chosen field of research to general audience and to broaden the knowledge and understanding of a pallete of ongoing research activities in physics and natural sciences.
Intended learning outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
The students will learn how to obtain and critically evaluate published results, clearly and efficiently present research topics to general scientific audience and to broaden their general knowledge by being exposed to the state-of-the-art research activities in various filelds of physics.
Grading of a written scientific paper (100).
Full professor of Physics at the University of Nova Gorica.
SAMO STANIČ 
1. Belle Collaboration, LIN, S.-W., BITENC, Urban, BRAČKO, Marko, FRATINA, Saša, GOLOB, Boštjan, KORPAR, Samo, KRIŽAN, Peter, PESTOTNIK, Rok, STANIČ, Samo, STARIČ, Marko, ZUPANC, Anže, et al. Difference in direct charge-parity violation between charged and neutral B meson decays. Nature, ISSN 0028-0836, 2008, vol. 452, str. 332-335. [COBISS.SI-ID 21553703]
2. The ALEPH Collaboration, The DELPHI Collaboration, The L3 Collaboration, The OPAL Collaboration, The SLD Collaboration, The LEP Electroweak Working Group, The SLD Electroweak and Heavy Flavour Groups, SCHAEL, S., BRAČKO, Marko, ERŽEN, Borut, GOLOB, Boštjan, KERNEL, Gabrijel, KERŠEVAN, Borut Paul, KRIŽNIČ, Ervin, PAUL, Thomas, PODOBNIK, Tomaž, STANIČ, Samo, ZAVRTANIK, Danilo, et al. Precision electroweak measurements on the Z resonance. Physics reports, ISSN 0370-1573. [Print ed.], 2006, vol. 427, no. 5/6, str. 257-454. [COBISS.SI-ID 563451]
3. Belle Collaboration, ABE, R., STANIČ, Samo, ŽONTAR, Dejan, et al. Observation of large CP violation in the neutral B meson system. Physical review letters, ISSN 0031-9007. [Print ed.], 2001, vol. 87, str. 091802-1-091802-7. [COBISS.SI-ID 16648231]
4. AUGER Collaboration, ABREU, P., CREUSOT, Alexandre, FILIPČIČ, Andrej, PAUL, Thomas, STANIČ, Samo, VEBERIČ, Darko, ZAVRTANIK, Danilo, ZAVRTANIK, Marko, et al. Measurement of the proton-air cross section at [sqare root] s = 57 TeV with the Pierre Auger Observatory. Physical review letters, ISSN 0031-9007. [Print ed.], 2012, vol. 109, no. 6, str. 062002-1-062002-9, doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.062002. [COBISS.SI-ID 2468347]
5. GAO, Fei, STANIČ, Samo, BERGANT, Klemen, BOLTE, Tanja, COREN, Franco, HE, Tingyao, HRABAR, Andrej, JERMAN, Jure, MLADENOVIČ, Ana, TURŠIČ, Janja, VEBERIČ, Darko, IRŠIČ ŽIBERT, Mateja. Monitoring presence and streaming patterns of Icelandic volcanic ash during its arrival to Slovenia. Biogeosciences, ISSN 1726-4170, 2011, vol. 8, no. 8, str. 2351-2363, doi: 10.5194/bg-8-2351-2011. [COBISS.SI-ID 1977339]
University course code: 3FIi15
Year of study: 1
- Lectures: 10 hours
- Seminar: 30 hours
- Individual work: 140 hours
Course type: elective
Learning and teaching methods:
lectures, team work under supervision of the lecturer responsible for the course, individual contact hours with phd adviser and with the lecturer responsible for the course